We’re excited to say that the Great American Beer Festival, hosted by the Brewers Association is back this year and headed to Denver this October. The biggest beer event of the year will display public tastings of 500 breweries which will also be voted on by a selection of judges. Running since 1984, Great American Beer Fest is definitely a bucket list-level event for beer lovers everywhere, and we’re lucky to see it here in our state.
Here, you’ll get to enjoy over 100 types of beer styles, from pilsners to IPAs to lagers and sours, and although they’ve yet to announce any of the breweries and beers that’ll be available, we know it’s likely to be an amazing lineup.
Last year, GABF saw 9 winners from Denver:
- Amalgam Brewing’s Skins, winning a bronze for Experimental Beer
- Our Mutual Friend Brewing’s Inner Light, winning a gold in Australian Pale Ale
- Crooked Stave Artisan Beer Project’s Stay the Funk In, winning silver in Belgian-Style Sour Ale
- Ratio Beerwork’s Domestica, winning gold in Golden or Blond Ale
- Strange Craft Beer Co.’s Silverbrick Norwegian Farmhouse, winning silver in Historical Beer
- Our Mutual Friend Brewing (again). Their Biere Ovale won a silver in Mixed Culture Brett Beer
- Great Divide Brewing Co.’s Wild Raspberry Ale, winning silver in American Fruit Beer
This year, GABF will be headed to Denver from October 6th-8th. Tickets have recently gone on sale and one of the days is already sold out, so hurry and get your tickets at their website. Prices are $95 or $85 when you pre-order as a member. If you aren’t able to attend in person, you’re in luck because you can watch the livestream of the awards ceremony on October 8th starting at 10am MT.